Latest Event Updates
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and ACA. Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the Patient Protection and ACA.
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. This week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Answer the following questions:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid?
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
1. A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
a. Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
b. Identify the main argument.
c. This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
2. An analysis of the article.
a. This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
b. In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
c. Think about the following when analyzing this article:
i. Is the argument clear and organized?
ii. Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
iii. Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
iv. Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
v. Who is the intended audience?
vi. Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
vii. Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
viii. What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
ix. Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
Select a mental health or crisis intervention human service delivery system within criminal justice, such as a domestic violence program within a police department.
Write a 1,050–word paper about your selected system in which you address the following:
- Describe the services provided by your selected mental health or crisis intervention human service delivery system.
- Describe the general characteristics and skills needed to effectively deliver mental health and crisis intervention services.
- How do the characteristics, skills, and actions needed by an agent of the government differ from those skills needed by social workers or practitioners in mental health?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.
Each student will be required to complete a research paper. The paper shall be 6-8 pages in length and follow standard APA guidelines.
The topic of the paper shall be on Enron Scandal. The paper should meet the following criteria:
1) Identify and classify all the key people involved in the crime including perpetrators and victims. Give all necessary background on the key players.
2) Thoroughly explain the type of crime committed and place it into a proper typology.
3) Discuss the legal process used to prosecute the crime(s). Was it proper and sufficient? What, if any defenses were raised? Did they have merit?
4) Analyze any regulations or social controls subsequently implemented to avoid future crimes of this nature.
Using the Internet, newspapers, journals, and magazines, iidentify 5 emergency management incidents where social media was an instrumental tool in response or recovery operations. Write a ½ page summary on each incident, describing how the new technology was employed. The goal here is to find as many different forms of social media as possible.
Paper Submission Requirements:
- Your response should be 3-5 pages in length (double spaced).
- Paper must include a “reference page” not included in the 3-5-page minimum.
- Use APA format.
Write a 700 – to 1,050-word paper in which you include the following:
- A description of least four different characteristics of diversity
- A definition of the term minority, and an example of a minority group
- The difference between cultural diversity and racial diversity
Format your paper in accordance with APA guidelines. Every assignment in this course requires a minimum of 2-scholarly references, one of which MUST be a course textbook.
Locate a news story or press release about an ethical violation(s) resulting from actions of employees in the criminal justice system.
Write a 700- to 1,050-word paper in which you include the following:
- In what component of the criminal justice system does the criminal justice agency or individuals in question belong?
- What is the reasoning for the criminal justice agency’s involvement and the timing of the news story or press release?
- What is the role of the media and public opinion in the news story or press release?
- What are the primary ethical styles or perspectives of the involved agency, along with the reported concerns or ethical violations identified in the report or release?
- Key interest groups in relation to the ethical violation
- Identify if the release was informative or persuasive, and whether or not it outlines the importance of ethics in the criminal justice system.
- Discuss if there are obvious ways the ethical violation(s) could have been avoided.
Include at least two sources other than the textbook.
Format your paper in accordance with APA guidelines.
Write a 1,400- to 2,100-word paper, using definitions, principles, and theories from previous assignments, in which you establish a thesis regarding the control of human trafficking.
- Identify the problems presented and the various relationships established by human trafficking.
- Describe the legal limitations associated with combating human trafficking, including a critique of major federal laws and strategies that support this effort.
- Suggest a realistic solution to control human trafficking crime by discussing and evaluating the effectiveness of organized crime prosecutions.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines. Refrain from using pronouns.
Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper summarizing the key parameters of the juvenile justice system in the United States. Address the following:
- The historical development of the juvenile justice system. Use case law or legislation to strengthen your discussion. Select a local law or statute in your area and analyze its use.
- The origin and predominant philosophy of the juvenile system
- Key differences between the juvenile and adult systems
- Distinguish between dependency and delinquency
- The reasoning behind and the importance of confidentiality in juvenile court
Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.