Latest Event Updates
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and ACA. Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the Patient Protection and ACA.
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. This week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Answer the following questions:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid?
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
1. A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
a. Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
b. Identify the main argument.
c. This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
2. An analysis of the article.
a. This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
b. In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
c. Think about the following when analyzing this article:
i. Is the argument clear and organized?
ii. Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
iii. Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
iv. Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
v. Who is the intended audience?
vi. Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
vii. Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
viii. What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
ix. Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
– 1 slide with at least five different ideas of how to incorporate the Scoot game in any grade classroom
– 1 slide bulleting important information to remember when incorporating the scoot game
You set up questions around the room. You can either time them at each question or just tell them “scoot” to the next question. I’ve seen it to where you can play music while they are working on a problem and whatever time is left, the students can dance until they scoot to the next question. It gets them active while still remaining in one spot and can be modified for everyone.
. Using the case of the company in the article below, write an 18–20 page report that addresses the items listed under directions. You may also include any other resources that you consider relevant.
Review the following:
Baba, M. L., Gluesing, J., Ratner, H., & Wagner, K. H. (2004). The contexts of knowing: Natural history of a globally distributed team. Journal of Organizational Behavior, 25(5), 547–587.
In an 18–20 page report:
Present a literature review of the four-frame model.
Analyze the Celestial Corporation referenced in the Baba, Gluesing, Ratner, and Wagner article using the structural frame.
Identify the typical problems that occur in the use of virtual teams.
Describe the problems with virtual teams that are discussed in this specific case.
Determine how the issues need to be addressed in order to improve the company’s performance.
Analyze the Celestial Corporation referenced in the Baba, Gluesing, Ratner, and Wagner article using the human resource frame.
Determine the impact of cultural differences on the operations worldwide.
Identify the leaders in this case and describe their leadership styles.
Evaluate the effectiveness of the leaders in the case. If applicable, identify the specific areas in which leadership could be improved.
Explain what factors contributed to the initial lack of synergy and collaboration on the team.
Explain what factors and interventions eventually resulted in successful team collaboration.
Determine what and how issues need to be addressed in order to improve the company’s performance.
Analyze the Celestial Corporation referenced in the Baba, Gluesing, Ratner, and Wagner article using the political frame.
Assess the role that power and influence played regarding the impact and the acceptance of the Product Family Management methodology.
Determine which individuals have power. Explain why.
Determine what and how issues need to be addressed in order to improve the company’s performance.
Analyze the Celestial Corporation referenced in the Baba, Gluesing, Ratner, and Wagner article using the symbolic frame.
Determine which specific corporate cultural values were responsible for the virtual team problems discussed in the second item.
Considering the tension between Celestial and Voila, determine what issues should be addressed in order to improve the company’s performance.
Based on the list of issues you identified during the four-frame assessment of the company in the article, choose one issue and develop a strategy for reframing (solving) that specific problem using a different frame. Include considerations on ethics and social responsibility. Justify your strategy with information you collected from your literature review.
Summarize any key points you have learned regarding applying a new frame in order to solve a workplace problem.
Write an 18–20-page report in Word format. Utilize at least eight scholarly sources in your research. Your paper should be written in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M7_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M7_A2.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Communicates the ability to evaluate and apply relevant academic literature.
Communicates the ability to analyze the case through the four frames.
Communicates the ability to identify the main problematic issues hindering performance in the case.
Communicates the ability to develop a strategy for addressing a problematic issue found in the case, by utilizing a new frame (including considerations on ethics and social responsibility).
Communicates the ability to summarize the key points learned from applying a new frame to solve an existing workplace problem.
Written Communication/Personal Effectiveness.
Conveys through written word understanding and application of the essential assignment components.
Click here to read about the standard operating guidelines for hospital disaster plan.
Review the elements required for a disaster plan addressing an internal disaster. Based on your review, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document covering the hospital’s (internal) disaster plan for how the staff reacts and carries out their duties in the event of an internal disaster.
Your internal disaster plans should include:
- Size and type of your hospital (you decide this)
- Type of internal disaster (fire, explosion, biological etc.)
- Key medical and administrative staff to be contacted
- Central point for communication
- Particular service areas such as intensive care unit (ICU), labor and delivery unit etc.
- Other hospitals in your area and how you intend to coordinate with those facilities (you decide this)
- Implementation on internal transfers (moving patients from one area of the hospital to another)
- Implementation of external transfers
- Evacuation plan
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
The research critique consists of reading three research studies and answering several questions about each. All three studies have been provided for you. The studies selected for the critique are as follows:
For each of these research articles perform the following:
1. Identify the research design used.
2. Specify the type of data used to conduct the analysis.
3. Identify the sampling procedure employed.
4. Specify the dependent variable of the study.
5. Present the key findings of the study.
6. Identify at least 3 limitations of the study (e.g. threats to validity, reliability, etc.) and explain each
“Immigration Policy, Border Security and Migrant Deaths: An Impact Evaluation of Life Saving Efforts under the Border Safety Initiative.” Criminology & Public Policy, 6(2): 201-222.
(2004. “’Striking Out’ as Crime Reduction Policy: The Impact of ‘Three Strikes’ Laws on Crime Rates in U.S. Cities.” Justice Quarterly, 21(2): 207-239.
. “Eyes on the Street”: The Impact of Tennessee’s Emergency Cellular Telephone Program on Alcoholrelated Fatal Crashes.” Crime and Delinquency, 45(4): 453- 466.
Provide separate answer sheets for each article and identify your responses to the specific question above that you are answering. Your responses should be typed, 12 point font, and single spaced.Be sure to explain each of your answers fully. You should strive to be as comprehensive in your answers as possible as if you were explaining your answers to a lay person who knows nothing about research methodology.
Responding Positively to Objections
We have learned in Chapter 8 that we are all subject to biases, including the confirmation bias in which we strongly tend to accept information that agrees with our own views. We are accordingly less prone to learn from sources that disagree with us. If our goal is to expand our minds we should actually have a goal to learn from others. This discussion helps us to learn to respond positively to and learn from others. Responding positively to objections is an important part of your final paper.
Prepare: To prepare for this discussion, read Chapter 9 or our book, paying special attention to the sections “Confronting Disagreement by Seeking Truth,” and “Case Study: Interpretation and Criticism in Practice,” including all sub-headings of each. Also watch the following video about the value of learning from opposing arguments [Link to http://www.ted.com/talks/daniel_h_cohen_for_argument_s_sake.html%5D
Reflect: Consider what it means to be open minded (rather than dogmatic). How do you tend to react when people argue against your own strongly held views. Is it the most productive response?
Write: Provide an example of a good argument for a position with which you disagree or share an example of when you have learned from an opposing argument in the past. Explain your initial reaction to encountering evidence for an opposing view, and illustrate how you might lean from the counterargument. Rather than trying to prove it wrong, demonstrate what you might learn from this point of view, and model how you might respond positively, with the shared of goal of learning and discovering truth (rather than being right).
ALL THE PREV IOUS SUBMISSION FOR THIS DISCUSSION HAS BEEN ATTACHED
Should Athletes use Performance-Enhancing Drugs?
Write: in your paper
- Explain the topic you are addressing and your position on it. Provide a preview of your paper and a statement of your thesis in your opening paragraph. [Approximately 100 words]
- Present your main argument for your thesis in standard form, with each premise and the conclusion on a separate line.Clearly indicate whether your argument is intended to be inductive or deductive. Follow up the presentation of your argument by clarifying the meaning of any premises that could use some explanation. [About 150 words]
- If your argument is deductive, then it should be valid (in the strict logical sense of the word); if it is inductive, then it should be strong. Make sure to avoid committing logical fallacies within your argument (e.g., begging the question). Additionally, the premises should be true, to the best of your knowledge. If one of your premises has a pretty obvious counter-example, then you should either fix the argument so that it does not have this flaw, or later, in your paper (steps three through five) you should address the apparent counter-example (showing that it does not really refute the truth of your premise). Arguments that are not valid, not very strong, commit fallacies, or that have counter-examples that are not adequately addressed will not receive full credit.
- Provide supporting evidence for the premises of your argument. [Approximately 350 words]
- Pay special attention to those premises that could be seen as controversial. Evidence may include academic research sources, supporting arguments (arguments whose conclusions are premises of the main argument), or other ways of demonstrating the truth of those premises. This section should include at least one scholarly research source.
- Explain a strongobjectionto your argument. [Approximately 250 words]
- Study what people on the other side of this question think about your reasoning and present the best possible objection that someone could have to your argument. Do not commit the straw man fallacy here. Reference at least one scholarlyresearch source. See the “Practicing Effective Criticism” section of Chapter 9 of the course text for more information.
- Defend your argument against the objection. [Approximately 200 words]
- Once you have presented the objection, indicate clearly how you might respond to it. It is acceptable to admit that reasonable people might disagree with you or that there might be an area in which your argument could be further strengthened, but you should do your best to explain why your argument is sound or cogent despite the objections.
- Provide an appropriate conclusion. [Approximately 75 words
In 7-10 pages/ APA style and references from research database.
Using the scenarios provided please research, answer and explain the following questions.
Scenario 1: Small business (mom-pop shop) > expand online, national and with potential to go international.
Scenario 2: Large Public Financial Institution, changing performance based on evaluations, decisions are data driven to increase profits for stakeholders.
> Identify the appropriate leadership styles and management roles
> identify change model and justifications
> Impact to internal and external stakeholders.
> Strengths and weaknesses analysis.
Your project offers you the opportunity to bring together your critical thinking, research, and presentation skills. In a six to eight-page paper, you will combine original research, theoretical reading(s) from our course, and a pop culture production of your choice. You will write an annotated bibliography, rough draft, and final paper.
For this project choose one of the following:
- You could analyze how one type of queerness changes in one or more media form over time.
Example: You could trace representations of disabled characters on screen or over generations of tv (or both).
- You could analyze an emerging queerness in one or more media forms.
Example: You could explore the emergence of nonbinary genders in music and movies, or you might address how fan responses to certain forms of content have led to the inclusion of queer characters, storylines, or relationships.
- You could apply two different pieces of theory as lenses to one pop culture product and contrast the two lensings.
Example: Applying Weston and Warner as lenses to a movie and contrasting what the episode has to say about each lens, and what we can learn about both by bringing them together in this way.
Whichever of these options you choose, you should build a basis of research, bringing together two or more articles that contextualize the media form (i.e., the movie(s), the tv show(s), etc.). You should also bring in a minimum of one work of theory (or two, if you are undertaking the lensing option).
Due in 2 days
Right now, 5 pages