Latest Event Updates
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and ACA. Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the Patient Protection and ACA.
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. This week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Answer the following questions:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid?
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
1. A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
a. Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
b. Identify the main argument.
c. This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
2. An analysis of the article.
a. This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
b. In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
c. Think about the following when analyzing this article:
i. Is the argument clear and organized?
ii. Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
iii. Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
iv. Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
v. Who is the intended audience?
vi. Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
vii. Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
viii. What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
ix. Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
Create a PowerPoint presentation with 12 to 15 slides that addresses the following points:
- Compare and contrast the ethical relativism of ancient Sophism (especially according to Thrasymachus) with that of contemporary postmodernism (especially according to Rorty).
- Assess one major strength and one major weakness of ethical relativism.
- Briefly illustrate an instance of contemporary ethical relativism contrasting with the Christian worldview.
In addition, create a title slide, reference slides, and slide notes that provide a detailed explanation.
atleast 4 reference
• Write a research analysis of 3-5 Pages (750 – 1000 words with short marketing plan example) on a specific target market, such as college students, Moms with small kids, recently retired, etc. • Include the following details on your audience: size of audience (ie, how many college students in the US, etc), interests, buying power. Use at least three sources on your audience. o Census.gov should be one of your stops. The US Census has rich basic data on demographics, business info, and more: http://www.census.gov/ • Select a product or service that you would like to introduce to the marketplace. Service= Transportation ( Lyft, Uber) • For information on market research and analysis, use these resources: • https://www.sba.gov/content/do-your-market-research •http://www.quickmba.com/marketing/research/ (You are specifically doing Market Research) • Format your response consistent with MLA guidelines. Anything that is not common knowledge needs to be cited.
When pieces of cloth are sewn together, you might have trouble discerning the individual pieces of cloth that make the final garment, but by looking carefully, you can find the seams. You may have experienced similar difficulty in the first week of this course when asked to explore the individual aspects of culture that combine to create your unique self-identity. Forms of oppression can come together often in almost imperceptible ways to form the complex environment in which you and your clients live and interact. As a social worker, you must examine carefully the intersections between religious discrimination, sexism, classism, and racism so you can respond accordingly.
Consider this week’s resources that describe how religion intersects with other forms of oppression.
your response to those resources and analyze what you think is the role of religion in reinforcing sexism, classism, and racism. As a social worker, how can you address these issues on a micro and macro level? 2pages
Choose two issues or challenges that the leaders of today’s health care organizations face. Select from among the following topics:
- Staff Shortage (Physicians, Nurses, Allied Health Providers, Ancillary Services)
- Poor Job Satisfaction Rates Resulting in Turnover
You are the manager of an ancillary service department at a large, 500+ bed hospital. Develop a proposal (750-1,200 words) that is directed toward your staff, in which you address the following:
- Inform the staff of the two issues (from the topics provided) your organization is facing.
- Describe the impact of these issues on your department.
- Describe how improved communication, collaboration, and teamwork can improve conditions in your department.
- Identify at least two examples from the required or recommended readings of techniques found to foster inclusion and improve communication and collaboration.
- A minimum of three academic references from credible sources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to
Write a 425-500-word paper in which you address the following:
Discuss the elements of a SWOTT analysis.
· What elements do all SWOTT analyses have in common?
· Why might some be different?
· Identify the elements you consider most important and what would be included in a SWOTT conducted by you.
· Explain why the elements were these chosen?
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines
There are many myths in regards to suicide. It is important to address these myths to best protect your clients and assess for suicidality. This assignment will help you in creating a 2-page brochure that an agency could actually use to give this important information to new employees.
Create a brochure for a new employee working at an inpatient mental health facility. The brochure must include the following:
- A description of at least 5 common suicide myths and their implications
- Assessment strategies for determining the risk of suicide in a caller and recommended next steps
- The stages of crisis intervention in an inpatient mental health setting
In this assignment, you will build upon the assignment completed in M1 Assignment 3. This assignment is a 5- to 7-page draft of your final project, which is due in Module 5. You will want to start developing some of the key components of that paper. You will need to further refine, add content to, and polish this draft in order for it to meet the final requirements in Module 5, which is a 10- to 15-page final draft. This draft will need to be in APA format, which includes a title page and a reference page; however, no abstract is needed. On the reference page, please include a list of the ten sources you plan to use in the final draft, although you may not need to use all of them for this draft.
For this assignment, you will need to include a brief summary of what you will elaborate on in the final draft and:
- Describe your selected criminal behavior.
- Discuss the etiology theories discussed in Module 2 as they pertain to your selected criminal behavior.
- Describe relevant prevention, intervention, and treatment specific to your criminal behavior.
- List at least ten scholarly sources on your reference page that you plan to utilize in your final draft.
- By the due date assigned, save your report as M4_A2_Lastname_Firstname.doc and submit it to the Submissions Area.
Assignment 2 Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsSubmitted a logically drafted report, including the following components:
- Description of criminal behavior
- Discussion of etiology theories
- Discussion of prevention, intervention, and treatment implications
- Ten scholarly sources