Latest Event Updates
Over the next few weeks, you will explore many of the critical components of the Patient Protection and ACA. Each week, a different provision will be introduced. Your assignments will include researching the provision and explaining the changes that will occur with the Patient Protection and ACA.
The U.S. created Medicaid, a publically funded healthcare program, to assist people in obtaining healthcare services. This week, explore Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Answer the following questions:
- What legislation introduced Medicaid, and what are the funding sources for the program?
- What are some of the changes, including CHIP, that have occurred to the Medicaid program since its inception?
- What are the demographics of the majority of people covered by Medicaid, and how many people in the U.S. are covered by Medicaid?
- Describe the changes that will occur in Medicaid with the ACA.
Submit your answers in a 4- to 5-page Microsoft Word document. Support your answers with appropriate examples and research.
This assignment, an Article Review, will assist you in thinking critically about sentencing in the United States. To begin this assignment, please access the CSU Online Library and select an article. This article should be from a professional or scholarly journal. Additionally, the article selected should be no more than four years old.
Upon selecting the article, please complete an Article Review. The review should include the following,
1. A summary of the article (1/2-1 page).
a. Summarize the main points which the author discusses.
b. Identify the main argument.
c. This summary should provide background for the analysis you provide (see below).
2. An analysis of the article.
a. This is the most important part of the review and should be most of your paper.
b. In this section, you should show that you not only read the article, but also that you are thinking critically about it.
c. Think about the following when analyzing this article:
i. Is the argument clear and organized?
ii. Is evidence presented, more than simply opinion?
iii. Is the argument logical, does it make sense?
iv. Does the argument match with what you know of the topic?
v. Who is the intended audience?
vi. Is the argument convincing? Why or why not?
vii. Is the argument conventional, controversial, boring, safe, etc.?
viii. What suggestions do you have for the author to improve the argument? Did he/she forget to add any significant information (if so, what)?
ix. Is this useful for those who study this topic? Why and how?
“Quality Assurance and Auditing Standards” Please respond to the following:
- Describe the actions an organization needs to execute in order to improve their quality assurance and auditing processes within the organization.
- Create a list of at least five (5) auditing best practices for organizations to follow when implementing their quality assurance auditing programs.
- Select the auditing best practices you feel are most difficult to implement and offer means of addressing them.
You have been hired to plan an industry specific conference in an overseas location (Eastern Hemisphere). You may choose the conference as well as the location, but it must be an overseas location in the Eastern Hemisphere. This means you may not choose a location in the Caribbean. You have been planning events for over five years, but this is your first international event. The conference will feature dignitaries and high-profile leaders in the industry. This is also the first time this particular conference is being held overseas.
In this assignment, discuss the following: What is the magnitude and impact of this event for the location selected? How will the success or failure effect the organization globally? How does the negotiation process factor into the process? What laws are important to know when negotiating contracts in a global environment? What are the different types of risks you will face when planning the event and how will you address them in the overseas location? Given it is an overseas location, are there ADA requirements? What are the laws governing intellectual property at this location? How can technology impact site selection for the event? You will also need to discuss what associations (nationally and internationally) you will use to help plan the event. In looking for partners in your location, what credentials must they have? What professional development associates must they have, i.e. CVB, DMO, MPA etc?
This should be a 5-7 page paper (excluding the title page and reference page). Ensure you use additional sources to support your work.
500 words. What role does management play in globalized world.
We learn in this module about how managers address the needs of an increasingly diverse workplace. Considering the demographic trends of the United States and the global workforce, apply the most important principles of management to the context of diversity and its ethical implications in the workforce. List those principles, in order of importance, according to the knowledge you have gained through the readings this week and your personal experiences.
Provide one example from popular media (newspaper, radio, television, internet, podcast, etc.) and one from your own experience to illustrate your points.
- Chapters 3 & 7 in Fundamentals of Management
- Bezrukova, K., Jehn, K., & Spell, C. S. (2012). Reviewing diversity training: Where we have been and where we should go. Academy of Management Learning and Education, 11(2), 207-227. Retrieved from http://webpages.scu.edu/ftp/bezrukova/bezrukova2012AMLE.pdf
- Brancaccio, D. (2012, August 22). Why we’re paid what we’re paid. Marketplace. Retrieved from http://www.marketplace.org/topics/wealth-poverty/pay-day/why-were-paid-what-were-paid
- Yang, N., Colvin, C., & Wong, Y. (2013). Navigating corporate social responsibility components and strategic options: The IHR perspective. Academy of Strategic Management Journal, 12(1), 39-58.
500 word. Strategic management.
Provide an example of a mission statement from a company that interests you. Based on the mission statement, identify the company’s industry, the company’s competitive advantage and if the company is presented as ethical. Then research this company to assess whether the corporate governance, structure and actions support the mission statement. Provide an example of the governance to support your assessment. After researching the company, should any of your assessments be adjusted to reflect the company’s actions?
PowerPoint Presentation based on four different conflicts you have encountered. These conflicts can be work related or personal conflicts. The presentation will consist of 5 slides from each member and must have at least 1 academic reference for each slide. Neither textbooks nor Wikipedia can be used as references. The cover slide and reference slide do not constitute part of the five slides per group member. The presentation will follow APA format in a number 12 font.
For each slide, you are to only use bullet points and or pictures, diagrams, charts etc. In the notes section of each slide, you are to write 85-100 words explaining the slide. Each group member is required to do this for each of their slides. You should use in-text citations and references. These must be in APA style.
Scenario: You have been given the responsibility of working with your organization’s CEO to do a competitive market analysis of the potential success of one of their existing products.
Research an organization and a product produced by that organization in which an analysis can be conducted.
Write a 1,750-word analysis of the current market conditions facing your product, making sure you address the following topics:
- Define the type of market in which your selected product will compete, along with an analysis of competitors and customers. https://fod-infobase-com.contentproxy.phoenix.edu/p_ViewVideo.aspx?xtid=48959&tScript=0#
- Analyze any comparative advantages and international trade opportunities.
- Explain the factors that will affect demand, supply, and prices of that product.
- Examine factors that will affect Total Revenue, including but not limited to:
- Price elasticity of demand
- Factors that influence productivity
- Various measures of costs, including opportunity costs
- Externalities and government public policy and their effect on marginal revenue and marginal cost
- Recommend how your organization can maximize their profit-making potential and increase their presence within the market served by the product.
Cite a minimum of three peer-reviewed sources from the University Library.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.