Click here to read about the standard operating guidelines for hospital disaster plan.
Review the elements required for a disaster plan addressing an internal disaster. Based on your review, create a 2- to 3-page report in a Microsoft Word document covering the hospital’s (internal) disaster plan for how the staff reacts and carries out their duties in the event of an internal disaster.
Your internal disaster plans should include:
- Size and type of your hospital (you decide this)
- Type of internal disaster (fire, explosion, biological etc.)
- Key medical and administrative staff to be contacted
- Central point for communication
- Particular service areas such as intensive care unit (ICU), labor and delivery unit etc.
- Other hospitals in your area and how you intend to coordinate with those facilities (you decide this)
- Implementation on internal transfers (moving patients from one area of the hospital to another)
- Implementation of external transfers
- Evacuation plan
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
You are working on a busy clinical unit, and you and your peers have identified a new informatics system that may improve patient outcomes on the unit. At the end of the busy day, you and your peers approach your nursing care manager to explain your ideas. The nursing care manager is excited about your ideas and suggests you first review the literature for evidence to support your idea.
Use PowerPoint to create a presentation that you can share with your nursing care manager and other decision-makers within the unit.
Within the presentation, you should include the following:
- Identify the type of informatics system you envision being used on your unit to improve patient outcomes and nursing processes.
- Complete a brief five article literature review on your suggested system.
- Develop a brief abstract on your suggested system utilizing your evidenced-based research.
- Estimate the cost of the system and implementation needs for the system.
- Conclude with a thorough explanation of your expectations for the improvement to patient outcomes and nursing processes that you foresee occurring as a result of implementation of your suggested system.
- Please visit http://www.pubmed.gov. Select an article on randomized clinical trials.
- Answer the following questions below:
- What was the hypothesis of the study?
- What kind of trial was it (Efficacy, Effectiveness?)?
- How was outcome defined for the study (Preventative, Treatment, New dosing, Surgery)?
- What were the groups in the trial (Treatment group, placebo group, control group, or other standard of care group)?
- What was the sample for the study?
- Describe the inclusion or exclusion criteria for the selection of groups.
- Was everyone involved in the study (participants and investigators) “blind” to treatment?
- Was any Type 1 or Type II error reported? Was power of study reported?
- How were the results of RCT expressed (Relative risk/Odds ratio, Hazard ration, NNT)?
- What was the conclusion of the study?
Your paper should:
- be 1-2 pages in length.
- properly cite research sources.
- be free of spelling and grammar errors.
APA format, at least 500 words, 3 references
This essay is about INFLUENZA. have the essay about influenza
This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
In your Collaborative Learning Community, write a paper of 500-1,000 words that describes the history of the identified health issue. Include the following:
- Influences such as determinants of health and socioeconomic status.
- Past and present initiatives to address the issue.
- Outcome indicators that have been developed and utilized to measure progress on the issue.
- The current status of the issue based on measured outcomes.
Refer to “CLC Health Issue Analysis Overview.”
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract and conclusion are not required.
This is a CLC project, I have two other students I am doing this project with. Here is topic 1 of the CLC agreement attached below.
Resource 1: CLC Health Issue Analysis Overview
Group work has benefits and liabilities. EVERYONE assigned to a CLC is expected to equally participate in the work in terms of time and quality of effort. Each participant has strengths and it is reasonable to apportion the work to make best use of this. Some are natural leaders. Our strengths can be our greatest liabilities: No one wants to be bossed around no matter how skilled the boss is. Honest communication is critical to effective group work. The best way to avoid conflict is to set very clear expectations up front. Then, if someone does not do what is expected him/her, he/she can be referred to the original agreement rather than have the confrontation become personal.
Course instructors are able to observe the group process in the CLC forum. If the work takes place outside the forum, this information will be absent. Be certain (even if communicating via e-mail, phone, or face-to-face) to record the communication in the CLC forum.
CLC Project Overview
The purpose of this assignment is to critically analyze a health care issue through the focus of major concepts from each Topic. There are six components to this assignment after the CLC agreement is signed and the topic is identified. It is not expected that every member of the CLC group will contribute to each assignment, but that assignments will be divided fairly and equally among the group. Each of the written components of the CLC project will be 500-1,000 words. These papers should be in APA format with a title and a reference page. An abstract is not required. An introduction is required ONLY for Part 1 and is not required in any parts thereafter. It is the intention that if one were to take the six parts of this assignment and put them together, a comprehensive and cohesive analysis would be produced. Part 1 is worth 3 points and each of the subsequent parts (2-6) are worth 4 points each.
Topic 1 (10 points)
Check into the CLC group and provide contact information and describe prior experience, if any, with health policy. Locate and read the CLC Agreement provided by the instructor, located within the Additional Resources Folder in Canyon Connect. Choose one member to transfer the document to the CLC forum. Decide upon the process needed to fill out the contract. Everyone should participate. Before filling out the agreement, it may be helpful for each student to describe the most difficult, frustrating, helpful, or beneficial apects of working on a collaborative project. Getting this type of information out in the open ahead of time may help to prevent conflict later on. Since no one is angry yet, you can comfortably list what is likely to make you angry and also what would make you satisfied.
Complete the CLC Agreement (except for the final block, which is used at the end). Select someone to submit the CLC Agreement by the end of Topic 1.
We have the freedom to choose how to live life. When we make our own choices, we are demonstrating autonomy, which is important in maintaining social health.
We are powerful! Unfortunately, we don’t always feel that way. Have you ever noticed that when you are around certain people, you feel like you have less control over your decisions? On the other hand, some people are great at giving others a sense of empowerment. What makes these people so different?
Do you think you ever take away your own sense of autonomy? If so, how? Is this apparent when making decisions in your romantic relationships?
Be sure to address all of the questions in your essay.
For additional details, please refer to the Short Paper/Case Study Rubric document in the Assignment Guidelines and Rubrics section of the course.
Submit a 4 page research paper on the RFID standards which apply to your selected industry. If there are no specific standards that you think apply to your selected industry then research how an existing RFID standard could be modified to support your selected industry. This paper will be graded using the rubric available under the syllabus section. The grade will not be included in the final class grade but will provide the student with the opportunity to receive instructor feedback similar to the final paper. The research will also be necessary to complete the final paper.
5 day log of waste.
Log of the items you would throw away in the following Categories: Paper and paper board Yard waste Food waste Plastics Metals Rubber, latex, and textiles G lass Wood Other
Create a 7- to 10-slide Microsoft PowerPoint presentation in which you analyze your waste production. Include the following components in your presentation:
How much of this waste could have been avoided by: reducing reliance on disposable materials, reusing some of these materials, and recycling some of the materials?
Does anyone compost food and yard waste? How much of a difference would this make?
Has anyone considered changing their habits now that you have kept track of what you are throwing out?
Format your presentation consistent to APA guidelines.