In the role of a health care manager, for the final project you will develop and write a comprehensive marketing and communication plan for your fictitious health care organization. (please see the attached information I started and go from there to complete this assignment)
- Health Care Organization Profile (Due Module 2)
- Communication Plan
- Marketing Plan
- Community Collaboration Plan
you are to develop communication strategies and write a communication plan for your health care organization.
the Communication Plan should include the following components:
- Types of internal and external communication networks
- Stakeholder analysis
- Media methods
- Tag lines, logos, photos, etc.
- Letterhead, newsletters, etc.
you are to conduct a market analysis for your health care organization and develop a marketing plan. The market analysis should address the following:
- External environmental analysis
- Internal environmental analysis
- Strategic choice and strategic goals
- SWOT analysis
- How will marketing initiatives involve cross-functional team members?
- How and when will marketing strategies be evaluated?
you are to develop a community outreach plan for your health care organization. The community outreach plan should answer the following questions:
- What methods will be used to engage the attention of and involve community members in the accomplishment of your organization’s goals?
- How will community diversity issues be addressed?
Perform a quick Internet search, using Google or another major search engine. Select a search term related to nutrition science (for example, diet, organic, sodium) and see what kind of results you receive. When considering a term to select, think about single words rather than phrases. In some cases your search term may contain two words (for example, unsaturated fat). Avoid phrases like “which diet will help me lose weight the fastest” or “top 10 foods to make me healthy.”
Review some of these sources, going no further than three pages into the search result. Critically evaluate the websites you have selected. Find one website that you consider a reliable/credible source and one that you consider false, misleading, or non-factual. Keep in mind that when searching for credible sources you should also determine if your source would be appropriate to use as a scholarly reference (to support your discussions and homework assignments).
Then write a short essay (at least 250 words) on your critical evaluation of the websites. Use complete sentences, paragraphs and appropriate organization. Avoid incomplete sentences or bulleted lists (except for your search term and how many results were obtained). Check your spelling and grammar before submitting. References are required in APA format.
Please provide the following information (listed in bulleted form):
- your search term
- how many results you obtained
Please provide the following for BOTH the credible and non-credible choices:
- the name of the website and the link
- the author or group providing this information
- Is this a reliable/credible source? If so, how do you know? OR Is this a non-credible source? If so, how do you know?
- What was the hardest part about sifting through nutrition information?
Rubric Name: Credible and Reliable Nutrition Sources
Selection of Search Term
Student selects an appropriate search term and conducts search in an academic manner.
Critically Evaluate Internet Resources
Student able to critically evaluate websites found in a search. Correctly identifies 1 credible and 1 non-credible source. Supports this determination using critical thinking skills and cites evidence for this.
Student demonstrates strong use of writing skills. Writes in complete sentences. Uses proper spelling and grammar. Cites references in APA format.
1. In the last century, what historical, social, political, and economic trends and issues have influenced today’s health-care system?
2. What is the purpose and process of evaluating the three aspects of health care: structure, process, and outcome?
3. How does technology improve patient outcomes and the health-care system?
4. How can you intervene to improve quality of care and safety within the health-care system and at the bedside?
2. Select one nonprofit organization or one government agencies that influences and advocates for quality improvement in the health-care system. Explore the Web site for your selected organization/agency and answer the following questions: •
What does the organization/agency do that supports the hallmarks of quality? •
What have been the results of their efforts for patients, facilities, the health-care delivery system, or the nursing profession? •
How has the organization/agency affected facilities where you are practicing and your own professional practice?
One of the trends marking the continuing transformation of the U.S. health care industry is the dramatic increase in the pace of competition. The heightened competition is taking place among hospitals, health plans, physician groups, and drug companies, and between physicians and hospitals, and hospitals and health plans. Listen to the Looking Ahead: The Future of Health Care Policy podcast from National Public Radio (NPR). Then, prepare a three- to five-page paper in which you:
- Describe the different forms of competition that take place among various types of health care organizations.
- Evaluate the benefits and pitfalls of competition in health care and suggest alternatives if competition was not the primary driver of operations in the U.S. health care system.
- Explain the elements of successful competition and the use of competitive intelligence.
- Describe the influence competition has on the services offered by health care organizations and the choices patients have.
Your paper must be three to five double-spaced pages (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources that were published within the last five years. One source must be obtained from the Ashford University Library and focus on competition health care. All sources must be documented in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Reform of Healthcare Market and Regulation and Antitrust Policy in Health Care” Please respond to the following:
From the e-Activity, synthesize the primary ways in which consumer and provider incentives work together to achieve cost reduction under the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Provide at least one (1) example of such synthesis to support your response.
Defend or critique the key provisions of antitrust legislation in the United States. Analyze the major ways in which quality issues in health care affect antirust healthcare policy. Provide at least one (1) example of antitrust laws in action to support your response.
As the head health care administrator at USA Community Hospital, you are required to review compliance reports on issues relating to the ethical conduct of the professional staff at your hospital, patient review registries, and standard procedures surrounding the ethical treatment of patients with HIV / AIDS. Intermittently, complaints surface from patients with HIV / AIDS concerned with ethical treatment and denial of services.
Note: You may create and / or make all necessary assumptions needed for the completion of this assignment.
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
Devise a plan to investigate the validity of patients’ claims of denial of services. This plan should include, but not be limited to, establishing mechanisms to address service denial claims, a human resources component, and a review of related policies and procedures.
Analyze the primary way in which different staffing levels may play pivotal roles in upholding ethical conduct, including treating patients with dignity. Justify your position.
Formulate a plan to relate the primary legal ramifications to the professional staff regarding ethical treatment of the hospital’s HIV / AIDS patients.
Devise a community relations plan that tout’s the hospital’s unique ways of serving persons with HIV / AIDS, including a focus on de-stigmatizing those afflicted.
Use at least five (5) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not quality as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Examine the various applications of the law within the health care system.
Identify the principles and legalities of ethical issues within the health care system.
Identify a plan that addresses legal and ethical issues in a health care policy.
Use technology and information resources to research issues in health care policy, law, and ethics.
Write clearly and concisely about health care policy, law, and ethics using proper writing mechanics.
For this assignment, you should create an approximately 10 minute presentation* that addresses each of the following points:
- Discuss the public health issue that your proposed policy is intended to address. Questions to consider:
- Who does this health issue affect?
- What is the impact of this health issue on the community?
- Why does this health issue need to be addressed?
- Explain the proposed public health policy. Questions to consider:
- Who will be affected by this policy?
- How will this policy address the health issue?
- What will change by enacting this policy?
- Evaluate the impacts of the proposed policy. Questions to consider:
- What are the costs and benefits of the policy?
- What are the risks of enacting or not enacting the policy?
- How will the lives of people who are affected by the health issue change if this policy is enacted?
- Create an influential presentation that affects voting behaviors of legislators. Questions to consider:
- What information about this policy would potentially affect the voting behavior of legislators from across the political spectrum (eg. conservative, moderate, liberal, progressive; particularly those who might not support the policy based on political orientation)?
- What are the most important messages that legislators need to hear about this policy?
- How would the constituents of the legislators voting for this policy feel about this policy and a legislator who votes for it?
- What information would a legislator need to “sell” the policy to consitutents who were perhaps not in favor of adopting the policy?
Note: Your presentation can be created using screencast software on your computer, the camera and microphone on your computer or handheld device, or the voice recording functions within a presentation program (like PowerPoint). Please see the announcement posted in Week 2 for more information on how to create effective presentations using one of these methods.